Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

Ya right! I'm definitely not an accomplished essayist! I admit, I have learned a thing or two, but "accomplished"? Not likely. I understand the citation stuff and the structure of the essay, but all my essays turn out really choppy and wierd. And usually when I pick a topic to write about, I don't have enough evidence. My (plural of thesis) are really good, but that's only when Mrs. Gilman leads me in the right direction. I think the part I've really got down is the voicing. I think what I would normally say first, and then I copy it on a piece of paper. Voicing really keeps the essay interesting.
Well, my hook kinda sucks. That's probably the thing that will bring me down to a B or lower. But how do you find a hook for the theme of religion being used for the romance in the play? If you got any ideas, please post! I also had some hard times proving my thesis with a lot of evidence. My thesis is really specific, so it's hard to find all the citations that I need for my essay. My title seems really boring. Mrs. Gilman said it sounded very sophisticated, but I just think it's stupid. But, I guess if the teacher says it sounds good, you're gonna get a good grade on that part. I hope Mrs. Gilman doesn't read this. She might change her mind...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the thesis and citations part; it is pretty hard. And the religion thing..maybe pick a religion that you follow and relate to how that certain religion's romance is different than romance in the play. I really don't know, just an idea

    ReplyDelete